I love hearing children talk, make mistakes in what they are saying, and sometimes saying things way beyond their age (because they have previously heard a grown up say it). I have been trying to write down some of the funny things my kids have said, here is my list:
- Instead of saying clock, my son used to say ‘cock’ (now that was embarrassing when he went around pointing at every clock shouting ‘cock’, because he was learning to say it, especially in the supermarket!)
- Chocolate cake, J used to call it ‘plop plop cake’. I used to find that hilarious, probably because chocolate cake is brown.
- For some bizarre reason both my twins call kiwis, kiniwiwis! Goodness knows why they need to make the word longer than it is?! Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill!
- Computer used to be called a percooter. (That was quite cute)
- Hairclips are called plips.
- We asked my son aged 2 and a half “where do pine cones come from?”, he replied, “pineapple trees”.
- We also asked “where does cheese come from?”, he replied “mice” (I can see where he was coming from).
- When we asked C where milk comes from (aged 2) she replied “the kitchen”!! Well she is right?!
- Aged 4 my son calls pins and needles ‘fizzy feet’. I must admit I love that one so much, we all now say fizzy feet instead of pins and needles!
- In June Daddy refitted the bathroom, my son came home (aged 4) and said to daddy “Wow! You finished the bathroom, and you did it before christmas daddy!”
- When daddy was bent over mending something in a cupboard, C says to daddy, “Daddy, you got a big bum!” (Aged 2) (probably meaning an builders bottom at that moment in time).
These are just the few things I have managed to write down. I want to remember the funny things they say in years to come, so I started making a note of them. Do you remember the things your kids say?
What funny things do your kids say? Please comment and share, I’d love to hear what other children say and call things……