Time with my girls

twin girls enjoying a drinkShopping with little ones can be tough, they have their hands in everything. Shopping with twins is hard, as they are at the same stage, double the amount of hands! However, last week, I felt we turned a corner. The weather’s been so bad and I didn’t fancy doing craft again, I thought, let’s go to the shops, we need to buy some birthday presents etc, so off we went, just me and my girls (aged 3).

We went in a couple of clothes shops, had a mooch around together. They were excited looking at everything, especially the pretty hair things and accessories. They touched things, but in a much gentler way than they used to. I didn’t find myself constantly saying “put that back” or “be careful” or “don’t touch that”. It was lovely. I found we could talk about what we were looking at, admiring the things they liked.

We visited a cheap shop, which they really enjoyed, as there were a few toys. They wanted to buy a hello kitty each. I was about to say my usual “no”, then stopped myself and thought, why not, it’s only 1 pound. So I said they could, if they wanted to buy it out of their own money they have at home. They did, so I gave them a pound each (until we got home) and they went and proudly purchased their hello kitty. I am so pleased I stopped myself automatically saying no. I loved seeing them make their first ever purchase!

Next we all went for a babycino. My girls love going to the coffee shop and having their ‘grown up’ babycino from a proper cup and saucer. They spend ages over it! We sat together having a lovely girlie chat. Then I sat back and just watched them for a moment and for the first time I thought this is such a lovely trip out with my girls and I am absolutely going to miss this time alone with them when they start school in september. It really hit me, how we won’t be able to do this for much longer! I am loving my time with them right now.

We walked past some ride on pay as you go toys outside the supermarket and I let them play for a few minutes. They didn’t ask for any money to be put in, they were more than happy just pretending together.

We had such a wonderful morning together, shopping with my girls. I would never have expected a shopping trip to be so lovely. I am sad that our time alone will be coming to an end later this year, but I am definitely looking forward to more trips like this in the future!twin girls enjoying playing on a ride on

This entry was posted in Twins and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Time with my girls

1. Kim Carberry says:

Aww what a lovely time you had….
    Those babycino’s are so cute x

2. Aww how lovely, it’s nice seeing them grow up isn’t it? With just small changes. Scary to think it’s not long til they go to school though! xx

• karen bell says:

I know, it’s lovely seeing them grow up, but then you look back and think, I want them to stay babies though?! x

3. we3three says:

Lovely post. I know what u mean about them interacting with things differently. If my boy cones shopping with me he loves a visit to the £1 shop to chose something ;-)

4. Oh, that is so lovely! I am really looking forward to being able to do that with my girl. I already do it with my boys, when I can get time to take them on their own. They love to help and have a wander, and we always have a hot chocolate after (they’ve grown out of babychinos now!). #Meltyourhearts

5. Jenny says:

Thank you SOOOO much for linky up. I love reading about your girls. I have always wanted twins. They both are so adorable! Can’t beat a great girlie day out and those babycinos are fab too!!!! These moments go fast so cherish them every step of the way!!! Fabulous post to link up to melt your heart moments. ;)

• karen bell says:

Very true, I am really trying to remember and cherish these moments, as they will soon be gone :)

6. SnottyNoses says:

That sounds lovely. I tried doing some weeding with my twins about yesterday. They both wanted to sit on my lap and eat mud. Needless to say, not much weeding was done!

7. Remember this well with my own twin daughters & being able to enjoy shopping with them was most definitely a milestone. Watch out for innocent Hello Kitty purchases, my daughters are 19 now & one of them still loves it!

8. I have twins so very much relate. Sadly I’m still having to say ‘don’t touch everything’ and they’re six. But lovely outings like yours make it a #meltyourheart moment!

9. It looks like you all had a lovely time together :) I used to always love the babycinos for a little bit of bribery! ;) Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

10. Steph Curtis says:

Aww, sounds like you had a lovely time! Girls are fab, aren’t they?! And your two are v cute :) over from #PoCoLo x

11. Aww what a wonderful day out, reading this made me smile. G loves playing on the ride ons too and we don’t need to put money in them! I really must try a babycino #MagicMoments

12. Mumof2.com says:

Special times! I love how they were happy to just use their imagination on the rides #magicmoments

13. Jaime Oliver says:

Karen what an utterly beautiful moment to capture and to remember. I am beginning to feel the same about Joshua they really are growing so so quickly

Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

Please leave a comment