Cooking with young twins or multiple children can be difficult, messy and scary when knives are involved.
Here are my tips on how to make cooking with little children easier…..
- Prepare equipment- get everything ready before hand. Put all the ingredients out, all the bowls, equipment and utensils you could possibly need on the table/side ready to hand.
- Prepare area – Put a cloth on the table/floor if needed.
- Prepare yourself – wear an apron yourself (things can get very messy).
- Prepare the children – talk to your children before hand, telling them what is expected of them and that they may have to wait while they all take turns sometimes. Put on aprons.
- Wash hands – everyone!
- Be mentally prepared for mess – try to stay calm, it may get messy, but remember, it can all be cleaned up after
- Allow plenty of time.
- Have fun working together and let the children get stuck in.
- Get the children to help clean up after – they often have as much fun cleaning up as they do the cooking.
Children love cooking, it is such a great rainy day activity that everyone can enjoy. We had fun last week making an apple crumble.